Leading up to the holiday gift-giving season, retailers promote sales to encourage people to consume more. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a flurry of in-store and online activity.
Giving Tuesday is an opportunity to give back to your community and support organizations and causes that you believe in.
What we do:
Tantalus Wellspring Society (TWS) is a Squamish-based registered charity committed to bridging gaps and helping to provide access to affordable therapeutic mental-health and wellness services to individuals, couples, and families in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Tantalus Wellspring has some exciting programs and initiatives, and we are excited to expand these as we acquire funding to make it possible. The two main projects currently running are:
– Counseling Support for Youth and their Families/Caregivers: TWS provides subsidies to assist youth and their families with the cost of accessing counseling services in the Sea to Sky corridor.
– Funding assistance for wellness activities at a variety of programs and services in town, such as subsidizing the cost of yoga classes, climbing, Aikido, swimming, skating, and other services.
Please visit our website for details on these flourishing programs.
We have been blown away by the response and gratitude of the community members accessing these programs, as well as the generosity of the service providers who also subsidize costs to make their programs more accessible.
We greatly appreciate your support, and encourage you to connect and get involved as you can.
Ways to show support:
BECOME A MEMBER
We are putting a call-out for supporters to please consider joining Tantalus Wellspring as a society member. This has very minimal commitment, however shows solidarity in the mission of making mental health and wellness programs/ services accessible to all in Squamish and Sea to Sky (and beyond!).
It also is a requirement for many funders (which is how we can continue to offer these amazing programs at affordable rates to the community).
Annual membership fees go directly to supporting programs of Tantalus Wellspring Society.
TWS Membership Benefits include:
- Invitation to Community Wellness Workshops, events, and AGM
- Subscription to quarterly newsletter
Plus we love hearing from you and members about ideas for potential programs to offer in our community!
Membership forms will be available online very soon; please email and we’ll send you the online link, or visit our website: TWS-Get-Involved-FINAL.pdf (tantaluswellspring.ca)
Make a Donation: https://tantaluswellspring.ca/donate/
** Tax receipts are available for all donations.
Your donation will help us reach our vision directly by:
- help improve the mental wellbeing of Sea to Sky residents and contribute towards a healthy, thriving local community.
- ensure that every member of our community has access to wellness services which are both preventative and responsive, and to reduce financial obstacles that can limit participation in such activities and services.
- bridge funding gaps for individuals and families that may not qualify for subsidies and slip through the cracks.
- provide community members access to an array of opportunities to promote and support mental and physical wellness
- provide individuals with choice in their provider and their most effective approach/modality
Thank you for being part of our community. We hope the TWS Newsletter provides insight into our activities and how you can get involved. We are so grateful to all our supporters, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do without YOU!
At this time, we are also seeking a donor or corporate partner who can provide matching funds for the TWS Dec 31 countdown fundraiser
— if you know someone, please let us know!