Counseling Support for Youth and their Families/Caregivers
Tantalus Wellspring Society will subsidize up to 5 counseling sessions. Funding may be provided for additional sessions if recommended by the therapist and funding is available. No demonstration of financial need or other financial information is required, as we trust that this program will be utilized by those who need it. We will reimburse sessions up to the amounts recommended by the BC Association of Clinical Counselors (https://bcacc.ca/how-to-choose-a-counsellor/).
We envision a community where mental health supports are financially accessible to all youth and families. If you are a youth (aged 19 and younger) or a family with a youth, needing financial assistance to access professional mental health services, please complete the intake form below and a member of our team will reach out to you directly.
These are examples of situations that you should seek immediate help:
- Thinking about ending your life or trying to end your life.
- Feeling scared because you’re experiencing sensations that aren’t real and/or beliefs that can’t possibly be true.
- Becoming unable to care for yourself, and it’s putting you at risk of serious harm.
- Experiencing an alcohol or any other drug overdose.
- Taking a dangerous combination of substances (like medications and alcohol).
You can also call the CRISIS LINE at
To chat online with Kids Help Phone please SMS or by texting “CONNECT” to 686868 If you would like to stop the conversation text “STOP”